Having an upset stomach or feeling full before bedtime is a very common issue. If the evening meal is heavy by nature this shouldn’t come as a surprise, though. Poor digestion before going to bed can result in heartburn, acid reflux, or interrupted sleep.
Luckily, there are natural ways to address this issue. Turmeric, ginger and coconut milk are an excellent anti-inflammatory combination which improves digestion and prevents heartburn and acid reflux.
Health Benefits of Turmeric
– Soothes arthritis pain, due to its anti-inflammatory properties
– Improves blood circulation and thins the blood
– Helps the liver detoxify by improving its function and enhancing bile flow
– Reduces pain and fever associated with illness
– Heals and soothes the digestive tract
– Prevents ulcers, due to its antiseptic properties
– The best cure for cancer
Coconut milk: It contains many healthy fats and antimicrobial effects which prevent digestive or stomach issues caused by bacteria
Turmeric: It works as a potent anti-inflammatory agent and eases problems associated with digestive tract lining. It also protects the occurrence of ulcers
Black Pepper: Black pepper increases the absorption of curcumin, the main ingredient in turmeric
Honey: It contains enzymes, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals, all of which improve digestion and ease irritation in the digestive system
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1-inch piece of sliced ginger/ 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
This drink is extremely easy to make and it is very delicious! It is an amazing remedy for reducing acid reflux and heartburn, as it improves digestion and soothes the stomach.
All you have to do is to mix all the ingredients in a bowl, except for the honey. Mix them together and then transfer the mixture into a saucepan. Cook for about five minutes over a low heat and add the honey at the end.