The more we learn about food and the more recipes we try, the better we understand two things: one, that eating healthily doesn’t have to mean deprivation; and two, that the simplest dishes often feel like the fanciest and most indulgent. Proving both points today is this recipe from Eating Well Magazine that we can’t wait to try. Friends, meet the Baked Parmesan Tomato.
– 4 tomatoes, halved horizontally
– 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
– 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– Freshly-ground pepper, to taste
– 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
Seriously, how good does that look? We love that you can eat it as a side dish, sandwich, or snack. Grab your full printable recipe copy from Eating Well Magazine and tell us how you decide to enjoy this healthy dish.